Wheels We Deliver has hundreds of B2B clients around the world, and we play a big part in making sure these clients continue to offer best-in-class environments for staff, with our years of experience in office equipment logistics.
We have a truly global network of logistics partners, from Dublin to mainland Europe to Asia to the US, and clients can rely on us to deliver premium service and rapid response times.
We called on our global supply partners to meet the needs of a client in the US who was upscaling office workstations, and needed to ship a batch from China.
Our US client bought 50 new desk workstations from a supplier in Shenzen province, China, and needed them to be delivered to two destinations, New York City and Texas — with numerous touch points throughout the whole project.
Our brief was to pick up six pallets from the supplier at Shenzen, then ship to the two destinations in the US via multiple transport methods, while maintaining a constant flow of communication between all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring all customs paperwork was in order at every stage.
The project needed a full coordinated logistics agreement involving the client, the supplier, our drivers, removal staff, assembly experts and customer service agents.
The Wheels We Deliver team engaged immediately with the supplier in China, establishing a clear and concise communication channel, despite challenging time differences. This ensured a prompt turnaround of freight collection and supply of clearance documentation for exporting the freight to the US, in the following stages:
- Arranged air freight delivery to NYC with the airline and processed all the necessary paperwork for customs.
- Maintained a constant open communication line to clients, with regular status updates to their team.
- Simultaneous engagement with our NYC agents and pre-alert supply of all documentation to ensure freight was cleared on arrival in the US. A local crew was scheduled to be on hand at the port to take the shipment to our Wheels New Jersey warehouse immediately after clearance.
- A second two-man driving team collected the goods bound for Texas and were immediately despatched for a non-stop drive to the Wheels We Deliver Texas storage facility.
- On arrival in Texas, our team was on hand to unload the shipment and place the surplus freight into climate-controlled storage units for delivery at a later date.
- Wheels We Deliver’s Moving & Assembly crew transported the desks and workstations within 24 hours to client’s corporate offices in Texas. All workstations were assembled, installed and all waste was removed within one working day.
- The project was another success for the efficient Wheels team — four days before deadline, to the complete satisfaction of another happy client.